Saturday, February 7, 2009

2 Cool Dudes...actually Three!





Hello Friends!
I can't believe how fast the day is going! I had a nice breakfast date with hubby and we picked up Jakob to give Kelly & Ray some alone time... well actually alone time so they can finish cleaning up the old house and turn in the keys to the landlord. They are now officially homeowners!! We are so excited for them and I get to spend some extra time with our little guy. He is growing up so quickly, his vocabulary is expanding and it just amazes me how he can comprehend and carry on a conversation! I know, I know, I'm prejudiced but I still think he's doing really great for his age.


If you are like me once you get started on a project (or anything you enjoy) and you are really into it, you don't want to stop. Well that happened to me last night! And it wasn't until 2:30 A.M. that I finally finished. (I did get a late start 'cause I was working at the church from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. with only a break for a Costco run and to pick up my paycheck) I have some really cute pictures that I've been wanting to scrapbook and I finally found just the right papers for it. It all came together and I had to finish it! When I do a l/o I try to tell a story and then the journaling just adds the details but it's written to the subject of the l/o. In this case, Jakob.





Are these guys not cool?? or what?? (I've been informed I use cute too much). Especially my hubby in his tie and slacks.... where's the leather!! At least Ray and Jake are cool with the shades on! But I insist as long as Jakob isn't it school,
he can be "cute" I'll be careful after that.

Here are some of the detailed work:




The paper I used was a coordinating set from My Minds Eye called "Star Bright Shooting Star" I used American Craft ribbon, the lettering for the titles on each page is from my "stash" so I'm sorry, don't know the manufacturer, the cardstock is Bazzill. The layout was a sketch from Create My Keepsake's Friday Formula for 2/6/09. http://www.createmykeepsake.com/

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend. We are off to my mom's for a family potluck. We have some celebrating to catch up on. Sean & Amy(DIL) and Bobbi (my niece) had birthdays in January, Sean passed his contracting license test last week, Nicki (my sis) & Bobbi ran the Clam Beach Run this morning, Ray & Kelly are new homeowners and although we really don't need to have a reason to get together, we are just making it a day of celebrating the blessings!


Rejoicing in God's grace!

~Natalie~


"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sweet smelling aroma. Ephesians 5:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment