Sunday, February 22, 2009

Guess who is teething?

Hi Y'all,
(remember this Calif. girl is heading to Tennessee soon - got to practice! I'm so excited!!)
If you read yesterdays post you know how excited I was to be "grounded to my craft room."
Well, that didn't happen... even after I made Kerry read my blog BEFORE we went to breakfast! I thought for sure he'd get the hint how I wanted to spend my day but I should know better than that. (Even though I'd like it to be all about me, it's not!) I won't go into the details but suffice it to say I didn't get back to my little crafter's haven until almost 8p.m. And inspite of the lack of creativity in my little room I did manage to piece together a layout (Praise the Lord!) and almost finished it by 10p.m. only to be interrupted AGAIN! This time being "challenged" to a game of bowling on the wii by my dear hubby! Who of course, beat me 3 out of 3 games because he's been rated as a "Pro" now... (yada, yada, yada) You know I should challenge him to a scrapbook layout contest! That would be quite interesting, although knowing him (he's very artistic) before long he'd probably be published! So, I'll forget that idea, not that I'm afraid of a little competion.... anyway, I did finish this one today and here is my little granddaughter, hands in mouth! We were celebrating my birthday with dinner at Cinnabar Sam's in Willow Creek and this picture was taken after dinner. There is another picture of her with a carrot that is adorable but it didn't quite fit into this layout so I'll save it for another day.

I adore this paper: the company is Imaginisce and it's brand new pattern paper just released! I used two pieces and they are doublesided. The line is "Fairest of Them All" isn't that the cutest!! One is Sweet Satin Ribbons and the other one is Magic Meadow which is my base piece of green with the pink flowers - so deliciously cute!)
I caught the progression of fingers to hand to fist in mouth! These pictures of the l/o were taken between rain showers in the backyard so I'm sorry the quality isn't the greatest.
I did a triple mat on this with pink c/s, pattern paper, lime c/s. The photo corners are from Paper Shapers : photo corner scallop (two designs in one punch)
I like to repeat patterns, elements or color just for interest. There is a decorating saying that I use even when scrapbooking and that is "one is nice, two is better, three is dramatic" and even when using a contrasting or accent color I use that same principle. Not always, but I do it a lot in my layouts. The flowers are from my stash so I'm not sure what company and it's the same with the flower stamp. Although, I'm pretty sure it came from an all occasion set from Inkadinkadoo. It kinda matched the "o" in "who" in the title: remember my repeat "thingy" I do. The title "Guess who is teething" took me forever to decide on!! Ahhhh!! And there are so many cute fonts out there but I chose this one called "Rebekah's Birthday" which I downloaded from http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ which has a lot of neat FREE fonts! Whoo-hoo we like free!! Thanks Kevin and especially Amanda! Well, it's after 9p.m. and I really, really, want to start another layout but dishes are calling me, ugh! However I may post some layouts that I did last month if I have time!

Hope you had a wonderful day and were able to be in fellowship with God's people and spend some time in God's Word and worship!

God bless!

Natalie

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:23-25

No comments:

Post a Comment