Monday, March 9, 2009

Girls of Grace

Hello!
I wanted to share a little about my Sunday School Class. My class consists of 5 young ladies ranging in age from 9 to 13. They are so dear to me! What a joy to teach them about the Lord. These girls are so precious, they love the Lord and have a real knowledge of God's Word. I thought it would be fun to have a name for our class and they came up with "Girls of Grace." I'll have to post some pics of them later on but I wanted to share what I am teaching them because not only is it fun but it will be a keepsake for them. We are learning some of the attributes of God and we are making a booklet (using the Bind-it-all). We take two weeks to study each attribute and I got this idea from Patter Cross (http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/) She has quite the following on her blog and has a Scripture challenge as well as His Holy Name challenge. I've taken this and adapted it to the younger girls and it has been an excellent study as we are learning some of God's attributes. It's also generating talk around the dinner table (part of their homework!!)

Here are four of the attributes so far (these are my samples, and are not nearly as creative as Patter's!) Some of the stamps I've used are from Inkadinkadoo and Unity Stamp Co. The papers are Basic Grey, Making Memories, Bazzill cardstock.

This was the first week: Holy


Class 2: Sovereign



Class 3: Protector

Class 4 : Righteous


This is a fun project and lots of scripture is involved. As I said earlier, I adapt the lesson to be age appropriate and add other ideas to it for the girls to do during the week. For example: Listen for a song on the Christian station about "Righteousness" and there are suggestions for things to discuss around the dinner table with parents (name some Bible stories where God protected His people was one from last week!). It's pretty simple stuff for home but it keeps them thinking about God and His goodness to us. I also communicate this with the parents so that they know what to expect and they seem to be excited to participate as well! Our class time is too short to finish the 6x6 page so they have decorated tin pails to take their work home in. It usually takes two weeks to finish the project. I provide all the materials, (paper, glue stick, 2 zig pens, some embellishments) but if they take them home they can use items from their own craft supplies.


Just thought this was a fun thing to share and maybe you work with kids and are looking for something different, yet a little challenging. This may be the perfect blend! Definitely check out Patter Cross' blog and see all the creative things that she does, it will inspire you.

Well, I'm off to the Minister's Wives Event in Nashville. Leaving tomorrow to meet up with another MW and we are flying out on Wednesday. We are so excited to be going, I can hardly contain myself!! It's going to be a long flight and a long drive tomorrow so I'm going to say good night - sleep tight!! Please keep me in your prayers.

Embracing God's Grace,

Natalie

Ps Granddaughter Riley came and visited on Saturday, she's a doll! Hope someday she'll be in my Sunday School class!



No comments:

Post a Comment