Monday, March 23, 2009

A Time of Refreshing! Relived...

I've been neglecting to get pictures posted from my trip. But finally I'm motivated to do so! This is a long post so I hope you can stick it out!!

DAY ONE:



This is Highway 101, approx. one hour north of the Oregon border.

Some of the photos turned out great but most of them were not as good as I had hoped. But here is my photo journal of my trip to Nashville. It starts in Humboldt County (Northern Calif.) where I begin my drive to Oregon to meet my friend Donita in Yoncalla. From there we drive to Eugene, Ore. to fly to Denver then on to Nashville


. This is the beautiful California coast near the lagoons. It was a perfect day for traveling and the beach looked so pretty!

I'm still on the coast driving through the Redwoods near Crescent City, Calif. .





This picture was taken north of Grants Pass, Oregon (Interstate 5) I'm about an hour away from Yoncalla, Oregon.

DAY 2: On the plane. We are just getting ready to make our descent into Denver. Yes that is snow covered mountains, an airplane wing and a scratchy window making a poor quality photograph!



Yahoo!! We made it to the Opryland Hotel!! Yes you do see correctly that is a waterfall outside the french doors off the balcony!



And this bed was as comfortable as it looks. I almost needed a step to get up into the bed!



DAY 3:
Breakfast at the Cracker Barrell


Shopping at the Hotel


Shopping at the Bass Pro Shop at Opry Mills Mall (this picture was taken for my husband and son's benefit!)


That evening Donita and I enjoyed being ministered to at the Lifeway Women Event called Between Us Ministers' Wives : Called, Equipped, and Encourage. We met and heard some wonderful women teach and encourage us as pastors' wives. The breakout sessions were excellent. I just got my CD's in the mail today! Now I'll be able to listen again to the teaching and absorb all over again!

I believe the hardest thing about being a wife of a pastor is that people tend to forget that we need encouraging, too. A kind word of encouragement goes a long way!! We get caught up in the expectation of others and get overwhelmed(and overworked)! We also must minister to our husbands who are spread so thin that they are exhausted too! And when there are church problems, we know that there are sleepless nights ahead! The incredible thing about this calling, is that the Lord gives you strength to endure, He expands our hearts to love all the more, and gives wisdom and discernment to lead. If this was just a job I probably would have been looking for new employment a long time ago! You see, ministry is a joy and I'm so glad I'm set free to serve Jesus Christ with joy, peace and total victory!! But I must keep my heart and mind steadfast on Him and His Word.





Beth Moore's Ministry "Living Proof Live" (on Friday & Saturday)top

Donita & I! (middle)

Julie & Emily from Missouri (bottom photo)





For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11



Embraced in His loving grace,

Natalie




1 comment:

  1. What gorgeous scenery you have up there!!! WOW! I may need to come for a visit! :) I am so blessed to have met you and Donita! You all were such an encouragement to me! :) Hopefully, Beth will have another one soon and we can meet up again! :)
    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete