Sunday, April 12, 2009

Celebrating the Resurrection!

Jake with chocolate cake still on his lips!

Riley Ann holding her basket!



I'm writing this after all the celebrations for the day have ended. All the kids are home, church is over, most of the dishes are done and I'm getting ready for bed! But I felt compelled to write, it's been on my heart... thinking about what Jesus went through willingly for me and for you. What a blessed hope we have because of the resurrection.

Sometimes I think we can take for granted our salvation, especially living in the United States. I've had conversations with people who think that since they live in America that automatically makes them a Christian!
But if you are born again then you know that if Jesus wasn't raised from the dead the Scriptures says we would still be in our sins! And if still in our sins, then we would be awaiting the wrath of a righteous Judge. Oh my goodness, I'm so grateful for the grace that has been extended to mankind, to me personally and to you.
A free gift available to whosoever calls on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you've not yet made that decision, won't you please consider doing so. I would also encourage you to read God's love letter to us, the Bible. We mature as Christians by reading and obeying the Scriptures and our faith in Him is increased because, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17). Tell someone that you've received Jesus as Lord and Saviour and find a Bible believing/teaching church that doesn't compromise God's Word so that you can grow and be encouraged! It's truly an exciting life you don't want to miss!
My God reigns!
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Natalie - thank you for visiting my blog! Us "Grans" have to stay close! Your pictures are so good. It sounds like you had a wonderful Resurrection Day celebration as well. Me too - and a grateful heart is such a joy. I PRAY I never lose the wonder of my salvation - and the power of the cross!
    Keep in touch -
    Georgia Jan

    ReplyDelete