Sunday, October 4, 2009

3M Post-it Craft Paper and My Cricut Have Some Fun!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!!

CPC-3MOCT09

My Cricut, cartridge and some of the 3M Post-it Craft papers.

Oh boy I had some fun this weekend!! 3M was so generous in being our sponsor this month at Christian Paper Crafts! They have a new product in their line which I showcased last week in a post featuring a scrapbook layout and a card. This week I wanted to do something a little different so I chose to create a recipe box with dividers. My baby Cricut was very happy to help me out!! Especially since I got a new cartridge called "From My Kitchen" and I got the cartridge for 40% off (whoo-hoo!!!!) at Scrapper's Edge our local scrapbook store!
Back to the paper, what fun I had and I tell you I'm so glad it is repositionable!! That saved me so much time and paper!! I love all the colors that are available, 24 to be exact!! And it's repositionable (oh I know I said that!! again!) Huge selling point! I also like how nice it was to stamp on and I put it through the copy machine and it printed perfectly! And they are 8.5" x 12" which is great for 12" x 12" layouts!
Here is what I did to create this recipe box.
I painted the top part of the body of the metal box (Provo Craft) and the lid with Citrus (acrylic paint - Adirondack Dabber) which I mixed with some of Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Multi-Medium matte, I then cut the 3M paper at 4.25" x 12". (I used both pieces and trimmed to fit) At the very top middle of the paper (front) I punched out half of a scallop circle ((Marvy Uchida) to fit around the closure of the tin. I then stamped (TPC Studio stamp - Jungle) around the bottom border with the Citrus paint (instead of ink). Then I positioned the paper around the tin (of course waiting until the paint had dried). I added a 1/2" border of navy blue 3M paper at the top and punched with an EK corner rounder to finish the edges. Using my new cartridge I cut out some cherries in green and then again using the Shadow Feature in red. The word "recipe" (Words Feature) I cut in Navy blue also. I adhered the "recipe" then the cherries and added some buttons (Foofala Bag o buttons) for added dimension and "cuteness!" That finishes the outside of the recipe box. I then chose my colors for the dividers cut out the dividers in white cardstock as a base then did the same but in the color paper from 3M using the Tabs Feature on the Cricut cartridge. I also used the Oval Shadow Feature for the navy blue ovals for each divider. I stamped with the citrus again on each divider to coordinate with the outside of the tin. Printed the dividers "topic" on the computer using the Milk and Cereal font at 24pt and ran it thru the copier using the 3M paper. Cut them out and adhered to the navy blue oval and attached to the dividers. And voila(!) we have a recipe box, no recipes but a cute box for future use or gift giving!
The possibilities are endless with this little tin box.... what are some of your ideas??? Let me know!

CPC-3MOCT09

Fun colors!!
Love for you to leave a comment or if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! Thanks again for looking!

blog signature


My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27


1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable!! I was wondering what this post was going to be about because surely you bought the box...I should have known :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete