Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Lady bug inspiration

"Ladybug, ladybug fly away home, your house is on fire, your children alone...." you know, those nursery rhymes really aren't all that great! I think they could incite a nightmare or two! Good grief. I think we need to make up some new ones that are much more sweeter and serene. I'm not a poet so I'm not going to make a complete fool of myself here (I do that enough!) Maybe, I can get my niece Bobbi or maybe Shae could work up something for me. Are you reading that girls???
So, you maybe wondering whatsup with the ladybug talk. I'm glad you are wondering! It is our Color Monday challenge I'm posting on Tuesday!! (ha!) Here are the colors: red, black and olive green. And here is my card for the challenge, don't fall off the computer chair! I know it's a rare thing for me to actually have a sample for the challenge! But wonders never cease!!! God is good! You can see some more wonderful creations over at CHRISTIAN PAPER CRAFTS

CPC-CM25

Here is the recipe for my card:

Paper Accents (red and white cardstock);

Stamps: Fence and Sentiment (Unity Stamp Co) Flower: Inkadinkadoo; Vine: TPC Studios ; Ladybug: SU!

Ink: Stazon, Jet Black; Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Antique Linen (for blending the edges of the white cardstock)

Paint: Claudine Hellmuth Studio, Landscape Green (border stamp and leaves)

Prismacolor pencil: Rouge

Buttons: Foofaloofa Bag o' Buttons

Ribbon: from my stash

You may be wondering where is the ladybug? Well if you look close you just may be able to see her in the bottom corner in the following picture:

You'll have to click on the pic to enlarge it.

We've just started Chapter One of the book "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver. If you'd like to join us be sure to check out the discussion over at Christian Paper Crafts, we'd love for you to join us. I got my book at Borders but you can get a copy at Amazon.com or CBD.com (Christian Book Distributors). We will have updated discussion on Thursdays so be sure and visit us!

Our Ladies Ministry retreat is approaching quickly and our theme is "Joy" and the main Scripture is Psalm 16:11. You can just imaging the battles that have been going on in the spiritual sense considering the topic. I should have just marked my forehead with a bullseye!! I'm teaching Session 1 and my topic is "Joy Stealers" and like I said it feels as if I've been marked with a big red bullseye! Ah, the testing of our faith.... count it all joy!!! So please keep me in your prayers, I'd really appreciate it! We are trusting the Lord for a real time of refreshing and re-engergizing!


Yet, I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Habakkuk 3:18

blog signature

2 comments:

  1. That's definitely a Bobbi project --but don't anticipate eloquence...

    ReplyDelete