Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Two Challenges this Week (so far...)

Hello friends!!
I've had a very busy day!! Started off with a great Bible Study in the Book of Daniel (Beth Moore DVD series) she is such a gifted teacher! We are in week three and my Ladies group here really enjoyed this weeks lesson and we had a terrific discussion afterwards, I LOVE THAT!! So much input, you know they are listening and really "hearing!"

After that I came home and began the "fun" work of cleaning the house (I didn't put a dent in it, well maybe a little one) after the remodeling and updating going on here, there is dust and tools and tools and dust all over the place, it's beginning to wear me down!! (just kidding, I just hide in my craft room, which is part of the problem, if I'd clean instead of hide out I probably wouldn't feel so overwhelmed! Well, today was a good start! Then came dinner and now I'm in front of the computer, nothin like stating the obvious!) I worked on two of the cards I had done last night that I just didn't like, well, I'm still not thrilled with them but with a little adjusting and adding I'm not too embarrassed to post them. They are for our color and sketch challenge at Christian Paper Crafts this week. So without any more excuses here they are: (I guess you'd like to know what the challenges are ... silly me!)
Color Monday: Everything goes with Chocolate. So today it's chocolate, 2 shades of pink, any shade of orange + white or cream. When uploading to our CPC gallery, please use keyword CM42 and when uploading to your blog or other online galleries, please use keyword CPC-CM42.
CPC CM42

My list of supplies are at the end of the post. One technique I'd like to share is that I cut out two of the butterflies and added Glossy Accents (Ranger)and then added some pop up squares to add some dimension. I also added some of the Glossy Accents to the "SPRING" you can see the shine. The curved line is part of the Pink Paislee paper that was a diecut I trimmed it too fit because what I originally had in mind didn't work!! Lemonade from lemons :-)

Next is our fabulous SKETCH TUESDAY Challenge:

Here is my take on the sketch! I also incorporated the colors from Mondays challenge.

CPC ST42


List of ingredients:
Paper: Pink Paislee (Enchanting line) both of the cards base is part of this Pink Paislee line
Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Pink Paislee (Spring) Inkadinkadoo ( bloom, thinking of you, tiny flower)
Ink: Archival, coffee, Prismacolor pencil (orange)
Embellishments: flower: BoBunny and Making Memories; button: BoBunny; Ranger Stickles, pink, Glossy Accents.Tools: EK Success, corner rounder; SpellBinders: Nestabilities: Label 1; Fiskars border punch, Creative Charms: pearls
So sweet of you to visit, thanks for looking!! Have a blessed day!
One more thing... my sweet little grandson Jakob loves to call me on the phone. Tonight when he called he told me he went to a basketball game with Mimi (Aunt Amy) so he told me all about it and then he said "I love you, grammie" and then told his mom, "I'm done" and handed her the phone!! He is so cute!! Yesterday he called me on my cell phone while I was at work cause he wanted to "leave Grammie a message." It's so nice to know he is thinking of me. I love you Jakob!! My almost three year old little sweetheart!

At the music store Jakob picking out a bass guitar!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment