Friday, May 21, 2010

Welcome Candace and Jennipher!!

Hey friends, it's May 21st and I can't believe it!! I had to turn off my computer for a few hours because we were having a little bit of thunder and lightening AND hail! Gracious, it's May, late May, I'm really needing some warm weather! I think my flowers have been sufficiently watered for the next month and a half!! I'm expecting some gorgeous blooms.... Seriously sounds like I'm complaining and perhaps I was just a teeny, tiny bit but I was actually glad to be able to stay home and out of the elements! Now that the computer is back on I can post my latest cards. The first two are for challenges at Christian Paper Crafts, Bible Verse Thursday (CPC-BVT55) and Fun on Friday (CPC-FOF54). AND WE HAVE BIG NEWS!!! We have a couple of new Design Team members so I want to welcome Candace Mitchell (Candid Candace) and Jennipher Lowery (Paper Expressions). Candace will be taking over the Fun on Friday challenge and Jennipher will be hosting the Sketch Tuesday challenge. Welcome ladies I am so excited you are joining us!!!

CPCBVT55

Bible Verse Thursday's challenge was to make a card with a Scripture about "path" or someway incorporate a path into your card. My card base is white (Wassau) and I've layered Basic Grey papers (Green at Heart) using a Martha Stewart border punch and a EK Success corner rounder. The verse is computer generated and the font is "the blue cabin" I used my Nestability Label One and then sponged Peeled Paint Distress Ink around the edges while the paper was still in the die. The final touches were adding the adhesive pearls from Queen and Co. The white "lace is paper that was left over (white Wassau).

CPC - FOF54

This was a fun card and I stayed up way to late "coloring!" The stamps are a set from the {Ippity} Unity Stamps called Devoted, ink is Memento (rich cocoa). The base paper is Bazzill kraft and the designer paper is from My Minds Eye, Bloom & Grow (double-sided). The teal mat (Paper Accents cardstock) is such a nice contrast next to the white Neenah cardstock and you can see in the next picture what Copics I used. The deckled rectangle Nestabilities was the die to cut out the image using my cuttlebug. The ribbon is from American Crafts and the white on the heart is Smooch pearlized accent ink. The rounded corners is from a EK Success punch.

All the pretty colors used in the above card!



My final card is two challenges. The sketch is from Card Patterns #64 and the other challenge was at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges to make a card or project that depicts singing or music or other joyful praise. I chose Psalm 95 and it is computer generated (the blue cabin font) on white Wassau paper. I've matted it in a light green Bazzill cardstock and the chipboard swirl has been "glimmered" by Spring Mint, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. You'll have to look close but I used an EK Success border punch on the right edge to correspond with the sketch. The ribbon I got at Michaels last fall and was my last piece of it. Sorry the bow isn't looking the greatest in the picture, it's much better looking in person. The paper is Dream Street Papers LLC. I used beige cardstock from Bazzill for the base of the card. The swirl really glimmers in person I'm disappointed the pic didn't turn out well!

CPS#64 and SSCC#39

Be sure and head over and visit us at Christian Paper Crafts!! Paper Maniacs is having 20% off this weekend, check out the details at CPC!

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful weekend. God bless!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Awww thanks for the warm welcome!!! I'm so excited to be part of the team! Hugs!! I love your cards...and the sponging on that first one...wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards... love them :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Natalie - you have been a busy stamper! Your cards are lovely...What a great scripture you have used for your SSIC card. I love your DP and the texture it adds, along with that fabulous ribbon! Love it! We love it that you were able to join us for this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful cards! I love the bright colors on that second one- it just pops off the screen at you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the warm welcome Natalie. I am so looking forward to this opportunity to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalie! Wow! You have really been busy!!! These are all so lovely! I especially love your take on the Stampin SIsters in Christ challenge... great verse!!!! I love that flourish and the punched edge! Sooo pretty! THanks for playing along with us!!! Have a blessed week!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete