Thursday, July 22, 2010

How Sweet it is!! I'm a Krafty Chick!

Welcome to another beautiful day on the northcoast!! Love it! Of course, I'm about 6 miles east off the "coast" so I'm probably enjoying some of that "beauty" a bit earlier than the rest of our county! Here is a "sweet" little card I made last night which was inspired by a color challenge over at StampTV. The stamp set is "How Sweet it is!" designed by Gina K Designs. I'm loving the paper, it's from Cosmo Cricket "Early Bird: Cherry Pie" a doublesided piece that was PERFECT for the red and aqua color challenge. Love it when it falls into place so nicely :-) Speaking of nice, I was given the Krafty Chick Award for my kraft inspired card by the Spotted Chick herself: Thank you, Jeanie!! My blog will wear the Clara badge with honor :-)

Here are the details of the card.
I made my base 4.24" x 5.5" (Kraft cardstock, Bazzill) and then cut the designer paper an 1/4" smaller and rounded the corners on one side. I cut a red piece of cardstock 2.25" x 5.25" and border punched one side (Fiskars) then attached a piece of the designer paper 2" x 5" wrapped ribbon (Key Ingredients kit), made a bow, attached and then attached it to the card base. I stamped the image with Memento, rich cocoa) ink on Neenah Bright White cardstock. I paper pieced the "bowl" of the ice cream dish with aqua cardstock. Then I used my Copic markers (R29, BG45, YG67, W1, R20, E79) to color the image and then Stickled (Broken China) over the dish and stem. I then used my Nestablilities label 9 (2 different sizes) one red (embossed with Cuttlebug, Dotted Swiss folder) and one on white cardstock, using Distress Ink (Broken China) I inked around the edges, then attached the two and added the image with dimensionals. I added two aqua buttons (Making Memories) Stamped the sentiment, matted it on red and attached. Voila, finished card!

Thanks for looking and I just love it when you leave a comment!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful creation! This color combination is just divine and the image is making me crave a big delicious bowl of ice cream! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely yummy! I love the colors, the polka dot paper! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute and ohhh the work. Always inspiring Auntie!

    ReplyDelete