Thursday, August 5, 2010

Under the Tuscan Sun - PDCC#41

Hello friends and family!

"Regrets are a waste of time. They're the past crippling you in the present."

I thought I should quote something from the movie, if I was going to use the title for my post today! I have a better quote though, not from the movie but from the Bible! "forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (Paul wrote this to the Philippians in chapter 3:13-14).

What brought on this talk of Tuscany, well it happens to be the Play Date Cafe Challenge this week! I love this color challenge and I was so pleased that I had this gorgeous paper from Fancy Pants Designs called Rusted Sun (by Heidi Larsen) I used two different papers from the line: Sunny Day and Indian Summer PERFECT for the challenge, don't ya think?

PDCC#41

Here is a close-up of the details. I used Smooch (Moonlit) to outline the sun, otherwise I thought it would get lost in the busyness of the card!

Here's the play by play, (I think I may be watching too much baseball, I sound like the sports announcer!):

1. Cut card base from cardstock (June Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions) 4.25 x 5.5

2. Diecut from same cardstock color, one rectangle using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled rectangle 1.25 x 1.5 (emboss and distress with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink - stamp sentiment - Unity Stamp Co. using Memento Rich Cocoa ink)

3. Designer Paper (2 pieces) : 1 @ 2.75 x 4.5; 1 - diecut using Spellbinders Nestabilities Deckled rectangle 2.5 x 3 (emboss, add red rhinestone(Kaiser Craft), add dots on the sun using Smooch pearlized accent ink);

4. Cut gold ribbon (from stash)

5. Assemble card and add 3 rhinestones at the bottom right hand of card.

Thanks for visiting and I love it when you leave a comment! Blessings to you today!!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Lovely, wonderful "tuscan" colors! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever creation! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I'm always envious of crafters who can tie beautiful bows, a talent I sadly lack. Plus I love how you've dotted the outline of the sun image. Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i like this one :) It makes me feel happy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and quotes. I love the colours this week at PDCC, and you've worked them so well! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely rich and warm colors. Great use of the colors and lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Natalie--this is a BEAUTIFUL card! I love love love all the papers and that ribbon! Beautiful! Great take on the color combo--thanks for always joining in the fun!! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete