Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blast From the Past Fun! Featuring Old Glory - Red, White & Blue

(If you are looking for the Christian Paper Crafts Sweet Summertime hop please scroll down!!)

  Happy summer everyone and welcome to the Blast From the Past - Taylored Expressions Blog Hop!!  The list of participants are at the end of this post.
This month is zooming by isn't it?  I'm looking forward to visiting all the blogs. Talk about a talented group of women, I'm always inspired after visiting everyones blog.  Well enough of the chit chat, I'm sure you're anxious to get to see all the fabulous blogs and then head outdoors to enjoy the first week of summer.  We have plans to take the little grandkids clamming this morning.  Poppa does the clamming, I take the pics and stomp the sand! (ha)

I've used my very favorite and the very versatile Make A Wish set.  So many possibilities with this set.  This card could be a birthday card but it's optional with the sentiment I used on the inside, it could be used for an all occasion July card! 
The ingredients follow but I did want to share that the blue button is colored with a Copic Marker (B29) to make it two-toned to coordinate with the bottom layer of the cake. The top cake layer is frosted with Ranger Liquid Pearls (white opal) and the background (white) was embossed with the Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug, ProvoCraft). I stamped the image on the white card stock twice. One I colored and then cut out each layer. The other one was embossed then die cut, the colored cutout cake layers added then adhered to the colored card stock. Finished size A2
 
(INSIDE)
Ingredients:  Designer Paper: Karen Foster, Fireworks Finale; Card Stock; Bazzill and Neenah (bright white); Buttons and Ribbon (my stash); Ink: Memento; Copics: B21, B24, B29; R27, Y13.  Spellbinders Nestabilities Reverse Wonky Rectangles. 

Thanks for looking and I enjoy reading your delightful comments!

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.      2 Chronicles 7:14






Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Oh yummmm...your old glory cake is sooo pretty...sure to make any day special!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card...inside and out! I love the blue two-toned button effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, Natalie! That cake looks good enough to eat :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love this Natalie! That cake is fabulous and those papers...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO super sweet! LOVE the stamps you used...that cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That cake is gorgeous and so is your card. Great coloring and fabulous details throughout.

    Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, your red/white/blue cake is the bomb! LOVE it! Sweet design!

    I am new to your blog and am now a follower. So very nice to meet you. Be sure and stop by my blog this week as I am having my one year blogversary and a fun giveaway too.

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card! My favorite part is the shiny frosting. You just can't go wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card!! Love the frosting & your colored button!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, Natalie! LOVE the fun and fabulous cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Natalie!
    Love all the details - and the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card. So many clever elements all tied together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that fun cake! What a great stamp choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so fun and festive! wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the cake too... my sister-in-law has her bday on the 4th! I think she would love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete