Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Taylored Expressions Blast From the Past Blog Hop!

 Welcome to all the Delightful hoppers!!
Hope your day is being filled with lots of fun sunshine both in and outdoors!  I have two cards to share using the same stamp set (Garden Party Blooms) so without further chit chat, here are my cards:


My first card is my CAS design using the sun stamp from the set.  I've embossed using the Ranger Clear embossing powder and Distress ink (Dried Marigold) to blend the ink for a custom background.  My card base is a Bazzill card stock (not sure of the color maybe sienna, aztec or yam, kind of a rusty orange)
 I cut another piece of card stock (yellow) 1/8" smaller than the base front.  Using another piece of scrap yellow card stock I embossed another sun used the distress ink to add color then using the sun die from the Taylored Expressions Garden Party Blooms set 2 cut it out using my Cuttlebug. To add a little dimension I've added some dimensionals to give the sun a little lift! Then I double matted the sentiment, stamping with Memento, Rich cocoa and sponging around the outer layer of yellow card stock with the Dried Marigold Distress ink.
Addtitional ingredients: Buttons, doubled up (my stash); We R Memory Keepers bakers twine (primary colors)
Here is my second card.  Thanks Sankari for a great sketch to work with!  This card has lots of layers, fun patterns and color!

This close up shows the detail of the sun.  I inked up the stamp with Scattered Straw (Ranger Distress Inks) and then I applied the Dried Marigold Distress ink stamp pad directly to my Inkessentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet and then loaded the stamp from there and then stamped the image on the paper with both inks being applied at the same time. TE Garden Party Blooms Die was used to cut out the sun.

This picture shows the Andirondak Dimensional Pearls (Red Pepper) that I ordered from T.E., I think I should take some lessons from Sankari!!
Here are the rest of the ingredients: From the Key Ingredient Kit:  Designer Paper: My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose - Gertie; Bazzill Card stock. 
Ink: Memento, Rich Cocoa; Taylored Expressions -  Scallop Eyelet Border Die;  Spellbinders Nestabilities: Lacey Circles.  We R Memory Keepers Bakers Twine (Primary colors); Buttons:  my stash. 

Well, that's it for me, I'm hoping for a sunny day and want to take advantage of it while the grandkids are here!   Enjoy the rest of the hop and looking forward to reading your delightful comments!  Don't forget to come back in a couple of days to participate in the Christian Paper Crafts Blog hop featuring retro/vintage style cards.  God bless!





Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I really like both cards, & like how you made it look so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both gorgeous. Love how cheery they are. LOVE the clear embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cards! I especially love how the embossed suns pop out on the first one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! LOVE the button in the center of the sun on your first card, and the gorgeous papers on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards!!! Definitely summery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards! I love the suns you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUN cards!! My favorite is the one full of sunshine :-D!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty summer cards Natalie. Especially love the embossed suns and sponging. Great technique! Fab colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both cards, they are very cheerful! I especially love the embossed suns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are great! I love the clear emobssing powder on the first and the great patterned paper on the second!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete