Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Much Appreciated Thank You!

 Yay! It's the weekend! Oh wait a minute, I have to work today! That's okay, it should be a fun (and busy) day at work, we are having a crop going on to benefit the Boys and Girls Club (all the crop fees and 10% of all the purchases today will benefit the local club!)  If you are in the Eureka, CA. area be sure and stop by Scrapper's Edge and support the Boys and Girls Club!
Before heading to work I want to share a very special thank you card I made for some friends of ours that did something very sweet for us.  They made reservations for us to stay at a very nice place (The Palomar Hotel for 2 nights!) so that we could celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in style!!  Isn't that so cool!!  So we will be heading to San Francisco in the near future to take in a Giants game and enjoy a bit of pampering!  I can hardly wait, I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!!

This card also qualifies for three challenges:
Taylored Expressions Sketch #144
Christian Paper Crafts Bible Verse Thursday (Thankful) #120
The Shabby Tea Room challenge #75 Polkadots

The main ingredients for this card come from the July Key Ingredient Kit from Taylored Expressions (designer paper, card stock, ribbon and chipboard fence).  The Stamp set is actually two different sets from T.E. Garden Party Blooms and the sentiment: Much Appreciated) Ink: Memento Tuxedo black;  I've colored the bloom with my Copic Markers: R21, R22, R32 then sponged the edges with Distress Inks: Worn Lipstick and very lightly with Vintage Photo.  Liquid Pearls (Ranger) White Opal were used for the center of the flower.  The stem and petals were colored with Copics: YG11, YG23,YG45, YG93,YG99 and E79.  The border punch is EK Success Scallop Diamond.

The Scripture is a Verve Stamp (Psalm 37:4)
The recipients of this card will completely understand the verse I've chose!
Close up to see the chip board fence that I painted with Adirondack (Lights) Dabbers, Juniper, and then added Old Papers Crackle Paint - you'll need to enlarge the photo to see that effect and I also sanded the edges of the fence to give it a shabby, peeled look.  The shimmery bow (from the Taylored Expressions Key Ingredient July kit is a fun chic accent!)

Enjoy your Saturday and hope you have a blessed weekend!
Thanks for visiting and I look forward to your comments!!
God bless!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Natalie! I love the fence, what a wonderful addition. I am planning on coming by the store today :) so I will see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love your choice of papers! Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your work Natalie. Wow, what fun, a mini vacation coming up. The card is beautiful, love the colors and layout. I'm sure your friends will be appreciative of it. Thanks for participating in Bible Verse Thursday at CPC. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so pretty Natalie. Love the fence and the pretty flower. The background paper is lovely. :o)

    ReplyDelete