Sunday, April 8, 2012

He is Mighty to Save (Scripture Thursday #23)

Hello Delightful friends and family,
Just a quick post to share two tags I made for a young woman in our church who is going through some deep trials both physically and in her family.  After reading my dear friend Abby's post at Little Birdie Blessings about trials and tribulations featured this week at her Scripture Thursday Linky Party, I thought it might be encouraging to share these verses and tags with you. 
The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save." Zephaniah 3:17 and "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10.
God is so faithful when we call on Him and trust Him to see us through difficulties.  Sometimes He delivers us out of those trials and sometimes it's through them but we can have the assurance that He is with us.  That is a promise that you can hang on to.

Front of tags with Scriptures.

back side of the tags.

Ingredients:
I've used the Faith in Bloom stamp set from Taylored Expressions for the Scriptures and sentiments.  The flower, ribbon and stitch stamps are from Dylusions stamps from Ranger (How Does Your Garden Grow set and Inbetweenies set)  I've used an assortment of Ranger Distress Stains for the background work.  The Inks used are Memento tuxedo black and Archival aquamarine. I've also used stencils from: Pink Paislee (She Art line) called Mask Vintage Doily and Crafter's Workshop Balzer Designs. The ribbon is American Crafts and I've also used Prismacolor pencils to do a little filling in on the flowers. The button is from my stash.  

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a blessed week!  Be sure and visit Abby's blog she lots of vintage digital freebies!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hello Natalie, I'm thrilled to see you add something to Scripture Thursday. These tags will surely encourage your friend. God's word is the best way to carry on through difficulties. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! These are beautiful! I am sure that the woman who receives these will be blessed!! I know that the Lord is there--sometimes it's hard for me to "realize" it though! Those tags/bookmarks will help this woman always know and remember!!

    HOOOOORAY for God:) And HOOOOORAY x10 for friends that share His love/Word!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, I am now back home. I wanted to come in and see you again but between our schedule and the rain we just never made it. We celebrated Easter at our church with 2 of my sons and their families. I am going to try to stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOooo cute! Love the stitch stamp esp! Very cool and artsy way to highlight these verses :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so precious!! Love the bright, spring colors and the vibrancy of God's precious Word! Lovely work, my dear sister and friend!

    ReplyDelete