Sunday, May 20, 2012

Be Still... PDCC#132 and more

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
Hope you are having a restful Sunday.  I can hear my dear sweet hubby snoring on the recliner so I know he is!  My poor guy has a lot of shoulder pain which makes it difficult to sleep at night so he is trying to play catch up this afternoon inbetween church services.  If you would lift him up in prayer I'd be very grateful. 

I'm entering this card into three different challenges.  This will be my second entry for the Play Date Cafe (#132 Color Splash challenge). 

 I'm also adding it to Word Art Wednesday #28 and the Scripture Thursday Linky Party #29 at Abby's which is "A Heart For Prayer" I believe this verse on the card from Psalms 46 is perfect for prayer for we often forget to be still and listen after praying, our busy lifestyles can distract us from the clear, powerful voice of the Lord.  It is easier than we think to train ourselves not to hear Him.  We must purposely listen and be attentive through prayer, while reading His Word and by meditating on the Word we've read.  We sang a song this morning in our worship service "Let My Words Be Few"(by Matt Redmond) perhaps that is why the Lord created us with one mouth and two ears!!!




Here are the Ingredients:  Stamps from Taylored Expressions (Faith in Bloom); Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black; Viva Pearl Pen in black; Ribbon (stash) and Designer Paper (Authentique - Delightful Collection) Spellbinders Nestabilities Scallop Oval; Card stock: Bazzill and Neenah.

Thanks for visiting!! God bless.

Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.  Psalm 34:11

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I have your DH in my prayers. Shoulder pain is not good, I know! I love your beautiful card, one of my favorite sentiments. Psalms is also one of my favorite books of the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Natalie! Love that flower in the the die cuts. Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. You did a great job with the color challenge. I always have so much trouble playing with their color schemes. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday, and have a wonderful week!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL card! I LOVE the polka dot papers! And that scripture is perfect for prayer! I need to be still! THANKS for the reminder:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie this is such a beautiful card! Great work on the color challenge and great scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Natalie, this is so pretty and I love the colors you used for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Natalie. Love the polka-dot paper and the pretty flower. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful reminder to us that we must make the time to be still so that we can hear from God. Thanks for playing along at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great design, Natalie! Those polka dots are fantastic, and your scripture sentiment rocks! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your button flower and the verse is perfect with this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the ton sur ton look of your card and the simplicity!

    Thanks for playing along with us at WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Natalie, what a sweet card with a verse that says so much with such few words. I'll keep your husband in prayer, sorry to hear of his pain. Thanks for linking this to Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete