Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pray Hope Trust - Moxie Fab and CPS #265

Hello Delightful friends and family
It's a new week and new opportunities to pray, hope and trust the Lord.  One of my fav Scriptures is in Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path."   I don't know about you but there are too many times I don't see the big picture and I need the Lord's wisdom and direction.  Thankfully, He is faithful to honor His Word and help us when we call on Him! The above verse doesn't say He might direct us but "He shall direct" are you listening for His direction?  Lord, help us to have hearing ears!

My card today is inspired by a few things.  First, a sketch challenge at Card Positioning Systems and I was also delighted to see an opportunity to use my Mini Motiff stamps from Taylored Expressions for the challenge at Moxie Fab World (using Damask or Brocade).

When I saw this sketch I knew the exact stamp I was going to use and it's  from Gina K Designs called Lacy Borders (it's brand spankin' new this month!)

Well, I didn't follow the sketch exactly but you know these cards can have a mind of their own ;-)  I was attempting to keep it CAS.

This pic shows off this Lacy Border stamp and it's details a bit better.  So cool!! When I first saw this stamp I knew that I would want to try to emboss it and so this is my first attempt at embossing this longer stamp and I'm very pleased how it turned out.

I'm also sharing this card over at Word Art Wednesday #27. I didn't use the verse that was shared (it's not required to) but I thought the sentiment fit with the challenge verse well.

No designer paper was used on this card only card stock.  The base is Bazzill and so is the Dusk Gray.  The white card stock is Neenah bright white and I used it to stamp the mini motiff and then cut a larger piece to mat it. The ink I've used is Memento tuxedo black and I've used VersaMark watermark stamp pad and clear embossing powder from Ranger to stamp the lace.  The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions - Faith in Bloom set and the ribbon is from a TE Key Ingredient kit. 

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a great week.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous design and great job on the CPS sketch this week. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your card really does go along nicely with the scripture at Word Art Wednesday this week, and we're SO graeful to you for creating and sharing this beautiful card with us. It's such a treat to see your entry in this week's challenge, and we're so grateful for you. Please come back and join us again next week - we just LOVE to see your pretty work and to hear you share your love for the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Natalie what a pretty card and the embossing was fantastic. And, I love your mini devotion. I have missed your devotions so much. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jonia! Lovely works of heart and art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!
    I love your card!!

    a prepared a card for CPS 256

    I´d like you visit me here:
    http://carolinamaraboli.blogspot.com/2012/05/i-craft-in-yellow.html

    thanks from Chile
    c@

    ReplyDelete