Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy Birthday, Sean! - Moka Tim (Taylored Expressions)

 Hello Delightful Friends and Family!

I'm posting this really late and I'd feel bad if my son read my blog which I'm 99.9% sure he does not!  So, I guess that means I don't really feel "bad" especially since I already wished him a Happy Birthday.  He actually had a road trip over the mountain to Redding, CA today (Wednesday the 9th) to take his wife Amy to the dentist.  Three hour drive to visit the dentist, definitely not my idea of a fun day for either of them! But it's one of those needful things.  Just means he has to wait a day to get his birthday present and card from us.

 Here is the card I made him.  I had fun coming up with just the right embellishment to fit.  Sean's a building contractor so when I saw this stamp at Taylored Expressions (Tim - Moka Collection), I just had to have it!
Normally,  I prefer to take my pictures outside during the day but tomorrow is going to be a busy day and I wanted to get this posted tonight (even though now I see it's after midnight!!)  So I apologize that it's not the greatest, but will have to do. 


 Here's my birthday boy helping his youngest daughter (Tucker) open her Christmas gifts.  Big sister Riley was at home sick with the flu on Christmas morning :-(

I fell in love with this paper by Authentique "Original" collection. I knew it would have to be used for a masculine card.  At Scrapper's Edge, Sondra will be doing a 2 page scrapbook layout using this collection of designer paper.  I've seen her samples and I LOVE them. She has a sample on the store website but it's too small to appreciate it. The class is Jan 31 if you are in the Eureka area you should sign up for the class!  Back to the card description....
 I've used Bazzill  kraft card stock for the base and Copic markers to color.  The dies I've used are from Spellbinders (circle nestabilities); My Favorite Things (Die-Namics Fishtale Flag STAX and Notched border).  Sizzix Embossing Folder (wood grain) was used on the kraft c/s that frames out the image.  I did fussy cut the image out.  How do you like my embellies?  They are from my hubbies wood shop and I've glued them down with Glossy Accents.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is also from Taylored Expressions (Make a Wish set).  I've use Distress Ink: Weathered Wood to stamp the sentiment, hammer & pliers and also to blend over the dry embossed circle.
Be sure and check out all the pieces in the Authentique "Original Collection, LOVE IT!  I only wish I had it in the 6x6 bundle instead of the 12x12 sheets. I just may see if my boss will order it for the store! 

Thanks for visiting and putting up with my ramblings, it must be late!!

Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.  Psalm 50:14-15



Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card. I love the image and your coloring. Great design, I have and love that paper in a 6x6. Great masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun to add the nuts!!! fab card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card Natalie. Love the sweet image and the blue shades. Perfect for your 'boy'. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Card Natialie!! Love the Fab Moka Tim image! So Perfect for your Son's Birthday!! Bet he Loved it too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I know he loved it. Blessings to you Natalie!

    ReplyDelete