Friday, March 22, 2013

Complete and Growing, My Adventures in a Faith Journal - WAW

Hello Delightful friends and family!

Fast week!  And this will be a fast post.  It's going to be a tough weekend because it's going to be a busy one plus my aunt's funeral is tomorrow as well, which will begin the day off on a sad note but in the evening we will be celebrating my youngest daughter's birthday, so we will end up on a happy note.  A fast post is because I need to get busy and make her a birthday card!! 

Here are the next two/four pages to my Faith Art Journal which will be entered in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog (Anything Goes) #72

 This first page is a reminder of the verse in Colossians 2 verse 10 that tells us that we are complete in Christ.  What a relief that was when the Lord revealed that in His Word to me.  I don't have to rely on my husband to complete me, nor my children, nor religious works, because my Lord and Savior has said that He completes me.  The butterflies represented the new life (salvation by faith in Jesus Christ) I have as a Christian.  I am new and complete in Christ!



Now that I'm new and complete, I need to grow in God's grace.  Not only have I received the grace of God (His unmerited/undeserved favor to me) but I'm to grow and extend that grace to others and grow in my knowledge of Him, too.  The verse that inspired me for the following pages is 2 Peter 3:18.  





My next few pages I plan to work on will be expounding on the verses found in 2 Peter 1 that really ministered to me as a young believer and helped me grow in faith.  It tells us what and how we are to add to our faith. (Please take a few moments to read the first chapter of 2 Peter.) It doesn't say to add to salvation because that is a done deal, but we are to grow and add to our faith.  It's a constant going forward, it's enduring and it's growing in the knowledge of the Lord. 
 I hope this will encourage you to abound and grow in your knowledge AND in your love for Jesus.

Here are a few of the ingredients I've used: Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabbers, Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints and Studio Multi-medium matte; Stencils:  Plaid Folklore, Dylusions 5x8, Crafter's Workshop; Inks: Archival Black; Dylusions Ink Sprays; Faber-Castell Gelatos and Crafter Crayons; Stamps: Dylusions (How Does Your Garden Grow, Further around the Edge) and Taylored Expressions (Make it Memorable - KI Kit);Ranger Liquid Pearls; Prismacolor pencils; Zig Pen (all the writing and letters are my own handwriting and my attempt at doodling!)  Designer paper scraps are from Jillibean Soup (Grandma's Lima Bean Soup collection);

Thanks for looking and to God be all the glory!

PS. so much for the fast post... (ha!)

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:9-10

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh Natalie, what a delightful project and so very beautiful!! Lovely work and loved scrolling through your blog seeing the progress. Each and every page is so artfully done. Hugs and prayers, and particularly for you as you grieve the loss of your aunt and gather tomorrow with family. May the Lord continue to grow you and fit you for eternity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous work, Natalie. I can see the thought and love behind your art, and it's really inspiring. THanks so much for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work in your art journal. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Art & Faith Journal. I love what you have done so far and I am going to read 2Peter, It's been a long time since I have read more than a verse out of it here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just gorgeous Natalie! Wonderful scripture passages you've used! Praise God that we are complete in Christ when we believe in Him and then continue to grow more like him each day! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Natalie - you journal is turning out so beautiful! I love seeing your new pages and these are so pretty! I hope you and your family have a lovely Easter. Blessings to you my friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, I can't believe I have missed so many post. I have been busy also, but this is just beautiful. I love it and have been thinking about doing one of these also if I can get through this week. Thanks for inspiring me to move forward.

    ReplyDelete