Saturday, March 16, 2013

Heart of the Matter - Faith Art Journal

Hello Delightful Friends and Family,
Working on my Faith Journal and enjoying the "journey" so far, course it's only been a day and a half (ha!).  I have some ideas for pages floating around that I need to write down before they escape! In my last post I shared that that those were my first pages but I should clarify that they were my first pages completed.  These two pages are actually my first pages.  I feel very strongly about our hearts being right before God and so that prompted me to have a couple of "heart" pages to begin this journal. So... "The Heart of the Matter is.... God is Love.  That's the bottom line, God is love.  However, we have a responsibility, too which is found in the Scripture I share at the bottom of the page from John 14:5 "If you love Me, keep my commandments."  That's pretty straightforward.  We need to pay attention to that two letter word "if" when we see it in the Bible.  It usually denotes a condition of personal responsibility towards God.   So let me make it personal, if you love Jesus, do you keep His Word, His commandments?  Those commandments are summed up in two, love the Lord with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself.  You see it's not being religious, fulfilling some religious duty, it's about a personal relationship in which we are loving the Lord, pleasing Him and loving those around you.  If you are loving, you are fulfilling the law of Christ!

 Here are some close-up snippets of the journal:






Some of the ingredients:  Background - Dylusions Spray Ink, Ranger Dabber Acrylic paint.  Doily Stencil (a gift from my online friend and sister in Christ, Marsha Fisher, please check out her blog HERE) also used on the last post and I forgot to mention that, oops!  Tim Holtz Sizzix Heart Dies (movers and shapers line); EK Success heart punch; Liquid pearls and Viva Pearl Pen; Black Zig Pen for my writing and shadowing around some of the letters and hearts; Studio Multi-Medium (matte). Hand drawn letters, fussy cut and doodled :-)

Thanks for visiting and letting me share my heart with you!

 I will praise You O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. Psalm 9:1

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie! These pages made my heart happy! These are gorgeous and the message is perfect! Blessings to you today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very true! Wonderful pages and I love the great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie, these pages are just GORGEOUS and SO inspirational!! WOW! I just LOVE them!

    Thank you SO SO much for the wonderful comments you leave for me...you truly make my day each and every time!!! HUGS to you!

    ReplyDelete