Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Autumn-themed card - And a Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
Wow, another week has flown by and it's already late Wednesday evening so another week is half over.  I am learning to be thankful for everyday because this life is so fragile.  The verse on the card says "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever" and that's what I'm doing: Giving thanks in the midst of this busyness!  When I'm thankful to Him, I find a peace and even a rest within that God is so faithful to provide. He is so good!

This first card is a Clean and Simple design that was so quick to put together.  It's one layer, one stencil (Stampers Anonymous, Layered Tree), one stamp (Taylored Expressions) and two inks (Distress Ink, Bundled Sage and Memento, Rich Cocoa).  Fast, fast, fast!  The second card is the same basic card but "dressed up" a bit. 

I'm entering the 2nd card in two challenges:
Word Art Wednesday (Anything Goes #103)
Chocolate, Coffee & Card Challenge (Autumn - not Halloween #50)


 I've stenciled the leaves with 2 colors (Bundled Sage and Wild Honey) and used those same colors to sponge around the edges.

Inside of the 2nd card (you can really see the natural fibers on the inside, but the picture doesn't do this justice)

Both cards have the same base and it came from the lss, it comes in a package of pre-cut card stock (A-2 size, desert storm color with lots of natural fibers throughout) with matching envelopes. 
Here are the ingredients I've used:
Stencil: Studio 490 Layered Tree (Wendy Vecchi - Stampers Anonymous)
Stamp: Taylored Expressions, Thankful set and Falling For You)
Inks: Distress Inks, Bundled Sage and Wild Honey; Memento, Rich Cocoa
Card Stock: Bazzill 
Copics (to color the wing and beak of the bird)
Button: Favorite Findings (Nature)
I cut the small green flags from the matching green card stock.

Here are some little ones that I'm thankful for!

Pictures of the kiddo's at the Pumpkin Patch last Saturday:
Jake(6), Riley(5), Addy(4) getting ready for the hayride to begin.

Tucker (almost 3) found a big one!  Poppa can you carry it for me? PLEASE???

Here are some good ones!

Riley is one strong little girl!

Teamwork!

The cousins having some fun trying to roll the "big one" to the haywagon.

This is the one I want.

Posing for Grammie

Thanks for visiting!!  Enjoy your week.

Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; His understanding is beyond measure.  Psalm 147:5

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful cards, Natalie!! They both are amazing, so CAS and so fantastic. The second just grabbed my attention over at Word Art Wednesday and I had to stop by and say WOW and greetings in the Lord! Thanks for the reminder to continually give thanks!! (And look at all those precious ones for which I know you are most grateful!) Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Natalie, and really wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing them! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are fantastic and showcase this Scripture so beautifully. I really like your stencil work. Looks like you had a great time at the pumpkin patch. Such precious kiddos. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie! I love the tree on those cards. And the differing treatments really gave it a new 'feel'. Love that!

    Thank you for sharing your grandchildren with us! I am going to see my son's family this weekend, a granddaughter waits for my hugs :)
    Blessings to you, talented friend!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie, the cards are gorgeous, the children are beautiful and so are all the photos. I have to tell you about my son. He has an enlarged heart and high surgar on top of many other problems. The last thing he needed was cancer. They found a spot on his kidney several months ago, the Dr. saw it in at least 2 different MRI's. Before they sent him to surgery they wanted one more MRI. He pastor and friend spent one afternoon praying for him and with him. He went for the MRI on Wed. and they couldn't find the spot anywhere. God has again answered prayers. I am so thankful and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and even cuter pumpkin patch pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very beautiful card, Natalie, and the trip to the pumpkin patch looks like a lot of fun :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE this! SO sweet and clean. Thanks for sharing it. It's beautiful. I also love the photos you've shared, and I'm grateful to have you play along with us.
    Have a very blessed week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are so gorgeous, Natalie! Thanks for sharing your photos....your grand kids are getting so big....wow!!! Miss you and love you!!!! Mwaaah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just wonderful cards! I love the simplicity and charm they have! Such fabulous pictures to remember the sweet moments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, of course I love the tree cards--they look like sheltering trees to me! And such sweet kids with their pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a sucker for tree images...and both of these cards are great examples of why--super cute! Looks like you had a great time at the pumpkin patch too :-D

    ReplyDelete