Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Planted by the Waters - WAW #188

Hello Delightful friends and family!
Wow, summer is upon us, graduations are behind us, it's been a busy time and I'm looking forward to the lazy days of summer (yeah, right?!) in my dreams anyway!! I love the Scripture this week from Jeremiah 17:8 it reminds me of Psalm 1 (I'll share it at the end of the post).  Hope you can join us and share your art with us at Word Art Wednesday (Anything Goes - Family Friendly)


Here are the details to my card:
The stencil I used is a Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 called Layered Tree and I've used Liquitex molding paste colored with Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap (Distress Inks).  I sprinkled the wet paste with clear embossing powder and when it dried I then used the heat gun to melt the embossing powder.  (I think I saw this tutorial on Jennifer McGuire's blog). I fussy cut the tree and set it aside, then with the Stitched Hillside Borders (Lawn Fawn) I diecut the card stock and made the scene on the Neenah Desert Storm card base.  The Word Art was printed on vellum.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.  Psalm 1:1-3

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you created the feeling of depth through the use of layering on the ground. The textures on the tree foliage are marvelous too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete