Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Christmas Tags - Smitten Mittens

Hello Delightful Friends and Family!
Just wanted to share these tags I made for our Ladies Ministry Christmas Party.  This is just a sampling, I made 30 tags and all of them were a little different except for the backside of the tag with the wording (picture 2).  I did a night sky on each of them, splattered with some white acrylic paint. Then I added a stitched hillside (Lawn Fawn die) which is mostly covered up by the Smitten Mittens (Stampin' Up!) This is a real fun set with lots of extras for designing unique mittens. It has a coordinating die set that was a real time saver for me!  I used Distress inks both the regular and Oxide pads for the sentiment "Smitten" and the night skies. I embossed with white embossing powder on a few, I embellished pattern paper, I did a lot of little extras to make each one special. (and so that I wouldn't get bored making the same thing over and over!) It was fun and the ladies really liked them, too! 😀


The wording on the back of the tags were words from a stamp set from SRM - Faith called I Am.

Our theme for the party was "Smitten with Jesus" and it was to keep in perspective why we have such a reason to celebrate the Christmas season.  I know it's not your typical Christmas theme, but even before Jesus was born it was God's plan for Jesus to be "smitten by God"(Isaiah 53:4) to redeem us from sin and it shows just how much we are loved by Him and we should be "smitten" with Him.  There were a couple of different definitions for the word smitten so it all tied in together nicely.  I like how the Lord always pulls everything together for me like that!! Anyway... we had a lovely day, good food, sweet fellowship and a gift exchange of "mittens" that was fun too!


 Hope you are inspired to get crafty!  Thanks for visiting!

"For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Fear not, I will help you.'"  Isaiah 41:13



1 comment: